Saturday, July 15, 2017

Rolodex Special Days Reminder





The July Anything Crafty Goes challenge at 
Love To Craft is now live ! 

This month I'm sharing an altered off brand "rolodex".

For some of you this is probably an old project idea,
but for myself and perhaps many others, 
it is a new idea to us project !
Something I've not seen before. 

I happened across this kit at a church yard sale earlier
this year. I had no idea what it was, but noticed all of 
the pieces of ribbon, paper and embellishments in it.
I decided to buy it to see what it was.
When I got it home and opened the package, 
I discovered that it was an entire kit with basic
instructions to alter a "rolodex" file. 

What fun it was to put together,
deciding which bits and pieces to
use with which papers! 
I did add a few of my own do-dads.

Yes, this was a time consuming project,
but I made it more so than it had to be.







This was the kit.






I made larger divider pages because I didn't like
the look of the month titles on the small dividers. 
Plus, I thought they were too flimsy.
I made my own pattern then cut them out of  
card stock I had in my stash.
I covered them with the decorative papers
that were in the kit.






Below are images of each of the dividers.






Another view of the finished project !


Thanks for looking =) 

Be sure to visit 
to see more inspiring ideas -
and to share your crafts with us !



I'm entering my project in the
Anything Goes Challenge for the week of July 11th
at Through The Craft Room Door
and
July Anything Goes at
Crafting By Designs
and lastly
 July Anything Goes at
Mix It Up Challenge Blog

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love this! What a great idea and love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project! and a useful one too. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)