Saturday, July 22, 2017

Beautifully Simple 25th Anniversary Card









Today I'm sharing a 
special card I made for a long time email pen pal.

This is a large card and required extra postage. 
I mailed it an a bubble wrap envelope. 

I used a new to me 6" square embossing folder for the front.
We R Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folder, Bouquet
It has so much dimension ! 

The elements on the front are various supplies from my stash:
- the "2 5" was die cut from a piece of card stock that I had a misprint
on from a previous project, so I flipped it over and cut from the clean side.
- the white lace border with touches of shimmer has been in my
sewing stash for years. It's fun to use neglected sewing supplies
on craft projects. I used low temp hot glue to adhere it to the card front. 
- the 5/8" wide organdy ribbon was bought way back when
Stampin' Up! used to sell such ribbon.
- the flower with rhinestone center was part of a layering kit of 
floral pieces that I bought years ago at a yard sale. 


The inside:
I had printed the sentiment I created on my computer
for a previous project, but it was the wrong size so I never used it.
I finally had the perfect project to put that misprint to use.
I embossed along the top and bottom edges
(don't look too closely, I ran it through the wrong way 
so it is actually debossed!).

Because the card front is so large, I had to piece together
two pieces of silver metallic card stock to create the base.

I think this card would be neat as the center of a 12"x 12"
scrapbook page surrounded by small photos of the couple
over the years. Even placed off center with a couple larger photos
from the anniversary celebration. It could be framed and hung on the wall !





I'm entering my card in the 
and


Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this card and it's more beautiful in person. I'm honored to be the recipient
    Thanks dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love the white on white! Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)