Monday, December 11, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree Card










Pretty simple (except for the pop up tree surprise inside!) Christmas card using patterned paper (Die Cuts With A View Christmas Paper Stack), a rubber stamp image (Lovely As A Tree from Stampin' Up!, 16 years old) and detail white embossing powder plus a couple of embellishments.

The inside pop up tree was created with a die that Stampin' Up! sold years ago.
It was stamped with the Boughs rollaround wheel. I included 1/4" circle punched pieces of colored card stock (some have glitter) so the recipient could "decorate" the tree !

This will be my final post for a while.
With design team duties ending and holiday prep in full swing,
I won't be making many, if any,  more things the rest of the month.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !


I'm entering my card in the current photo inspiration challenge at Retro Rubber
http://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2017/12/challenge-77-merry-christmas.html
The pop of red in the photo would be some of the ornaments inside , otherwise there is some pink on the decorative paper on the front ;)

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas Cards 4 the Troops



Above are dozens of cards I made earlier this month to donate to a local radio station's card drive.
They were asking for 10,000 cards to send to soldiers and veterans !

They are fairly simple, mostly made from patterned papers with little stamping.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays !


Saturday, December 9, 2017

Metal Angel Ornament Card




This metal angel ornament was made from a kit 
 I bought years ago.
The pieces are adhered with E6000 adhesive.
A added thin gold cord and ribbon to make an ornament
then attached that to a simple card front.
I used a scrap of ribbon leftover from my
cinnamon stick angel project posted previously
as a background for the ornament.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays ! 

Friday, December 8, 2017

Caroler Ball Ornament






This cutie was created from an old kit I had.
The base is a large green plastic ball ornament.
I slightly altered the kit by painting the fabric face
(the green was showing through otherwise)
and making the earmuffs from cotton batting.
The nose is a small wood "button". 


Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays =)



Thursday, December 7, 2017

Cinnamon Stick Angel and Card





Such an old craft idea I finally made -
plus a matching card ! 

I slightly altered my angel from the original instructions
I found in an old crafts book. 

The main supplies are wide wire edged ribbon
and cinnamon sticks.

The body is a made from scratch 
"finger shaped" stuffed muslin piece.
The original pattern calls for a piece of foam.

Other than stitching the body portion,
everything else was hot glued into place.



Thanks for looking =)