Thursday, August 3, 2017

Paper Quilling


Today I'm sharing another old craft kit I put to use -
paper quilling ! 

When I bought this oh so long ago, 
I did make a couple of the cards to attach
to wedding and baby shower gifts.
Then the kit sat there as over the years I
started rubber stamping.


The finished cards are quite small at 2" x 2 1/2"
and are very lightweight, made on parchment paper.


Here are some closeups:


The instructions called for this to have yellow teardrop leaves.
 I cut some tiny scraps of green mulberry paper instead
and make a small black circle for the center.
It reminds me of the wildflowers on our back hill.










Am I a bad Mom for not feeling too bad about turning my sons old bedroom into a craft room last month? That's where I made these cards - and it was so much nicer than being in the dark old craft dungeon basement ! I had fresh air coming in a window since it was "cool" by normal summer heat standards that day and lots of sunlight bouncing off of the freshly painted white walls.

Thanks for looking =) 


I'm entering my quilled gift cards in the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff- Free Week
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes August 1-7
Crafting By Designs -August Anything Goes Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the quilling! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty and perfect little note cards :) Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff this week.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)